Heaven on earth

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Week 40 10/25/2010

Subject: i love you all!!!!!




Hello everyone!!! Hope everyone had an awesome week! Happy birthday on Thursday grandpa!! Tell brian we’ll have a big ufc party when I get back!!! Whats everyone else been up to?


Well lets see, theres not a whole lot that changes around here especially since Wednesday. We did get to go and milk cows on Wednesday with the rest of our district last wednesday though. We got to play with the baby moo cows and I kidnapped one and brought it back to our apartment and named him norman!! (I wish, if we were allowed to have pets I totally would have.) so after we milked cows we all went out to lunch and guess what….Red Robin, yummm!!! They have one in Dubuque. Im sure you can imagine how happy I was and I think the elders think im even weirder than usual because of how excited I was. Lol.


Well we spent a lot of time tracting this week but what else is new. Thursday we got to go out to some of our members (the wouters, they’re and older couple) property and helped them get rid of some trees that got blown over during a big storm a couple months ago. It was pretty fun. I got to wear pants and I got to work outside. And brother wouters made sure to let everyone know at church yesterday that “sister callaway’s gonna make a real nice husband someday!” very nice! So after we were done helping with the trees we had dinner with the wouters and our branch president and his wife which was pretty fun.


We started teaching this guy named ted. I don’t think I told you about him yet but ted is a friend of some of our members, the frandsens (our gma and gpa out here, they take care of us) their dog actually reminds me of roxy, every time we go over there their puppy gets excited andjumps on me pees all over me. Its pretty sweet. Lol. Anyway, brother frandsen told us to go see his friend ted so we did and we taught him the plan of salvation and he loves it. We’ve met with him more than a couple times. He reads the book of mormon and believes everything we teach him. He’s a sassy old man, he’s awesome. But he doesn’t like things that mess with his “routine” but we can change that. Lol.


So kara and woody are awesome!!! We see them all the time. Woody has been a member his whole life and is kind of less active but its mostly just cuz he’s stubborn and he has to act like he’s all tough and doesn’t give a crap what anyone thinks but he’s a big teddy bear. And his wife kara got baptized almost a year ago now and she’s completely active. They’re soo awesome I love them!! Saturday night we had a lesson at their house with woodys sister kate who is also a member but hasn’t been active her whole life pretty much but she’s been asking woody a lot of questions and she wanted to meet with us. So now we’re having a lesson with them every Saturday and I know that helping kate get active will help woody be more active too.


We don’t get fed by members that often out here which is weird cuz we got fed almost every night in iowa city. So at the cheneys house we usually just go over whenever we want and help ourselves to the kitchen so we usually go over there every Sunday for dinner. Its awesome! We’re not allowed to knock on the door, we just walk right in its awesome its just like home. I love that family! They’re so much fun! They’re already planning on coming out to California to see me next summer. Lol. But according to president jergensen that wont be happening if he has anything to do with it. I was talking to him the other day and he said he’s giving me a 3 year extension. Im not allowed to go home until he and sister jergensen go home. Lol. And we decided we’re all gonna hangout at lake powell after that. Lol.


Welp that’s about it for now. Hopefully we’ll find some new people to tell you about next week! Have an awesome week everyone. I love you all!!! Thank you for everything!


Have a super spooky Halloween!!


Till next time


Sister C





No comments:

Post a Comment