Heaven on earth

Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 30 08/16/2010

Subject: i love you all!



To: macfamilyfarm@surewest.net


Aloha everyone!! How was everyones week!?! I hope it was awesome! Schools gettin ready to start…exciting!! Sounds like this weekend was full of parties and this next weekend is gonna be full of weddings. Theres gotta be something in the water over there. I leave and everyone just goes crazy and starts gettin married. Whats up with that? Lol. Congratulations to everyone getting married this weekend!! Tell Andrew Meteer that I said good luck and to stay awesome!! Thank you for my package mom!!!


This week has been really slow investigator wise. I don’t know what happened but most of our investigators dropped on the face of the earth this week. We’ve been doing a lot of service this last week. We’ve been going to this place called pathways that is an adult day care center on Tuesdays. Its just like being at one of dads nursing homes. I love it! Ive been thinking a lot this week about how I personally like to work out here. We’re supposed to do the Lords work, to teach the people here and to serve them. I love doing service! Our mission call says “you are called to SERVE”. If we’re not teaching then we should be actively trying to find service, any kind. Serving the members, non members, less actives. Behind each one of those people somewhere is a friend of family member that is being prepared for the gospel which leads to the teaching part of our calling.


We’ve been visiting with Leslie a good amount this week. Studying with her and helping her with things around her place. She can't write very well anymore (she’s had 20 strokes) so she has me write letters and do some of her bills for her. She’s so awesome! She’s the sassiest 76 year old I've ever met. We’ve also been doin a good amount of service at the Elzinga’s this week. Sister Elzinga goes to a lot of lessons with us so in return we help her around her house. They have a daughter named emma that is way to much like me when I was 13 (that’s kinda scary. Lol. ) ive really been working with her a lot trying to help her get in the habit of reading and studying her scriptures because that  is going to be the starting foundation of your testimony. Oh my gosh and the book of mormon is so amazing!!! I definitely didn’t appreciate it growing up as much as I should have. I wish I would have taken advantage of it and actually read it like I should have. We’ve watched the reflections of Christ slideshow by mark mabry about the book of mormon this week. Oh my gosh, you should all get it. It is the most amazing thing ever. I don’t get emotional that easily and it made me cry. I don’t know how anyone would not want to know him or they think they know enough. I get frustrated cuz I want to know everything and that’s not gonna happen till the resurrection. Lol. Im soo grateful for Jesus Christ I cant even explain to you how grateful I am. He’s my brother, my friend and my Savior. And he’s all those things to all of you too!!!! Take advantage of having the book of mormon! If you don’t have one…get one!!!


I love you all soo much!! Have an awesome week!!!


Till next time


Sister C

No comments:

Post a Comment