Heaven on earth

Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 16 1st Transfer 05/10/2010

Subject:
hellooo iowa city!!!!
To:
macfamilyfarm@surewest.net
Hello hello everyone!!!!! I hope everyone had an awesome mothers days!! I know I did!! I cant even tell you how awesome it was to talk to my mommy and daddy, my sisters, gma, gpa, uncle ray, the dennas and aud. I love you guys soo much!! I know it was kind of a ball fest but I loved it. And I miss you all soo much!!

Well I got transferred on Thursday. Im in iowa city right now. My new companion is sister shields and she’s awesome!! I was soo nervous on my way here, what if my companion doesn’t like me….but then I found out that she begged president Talbot to serve with me because apparently all the elders kept telling her how cool I am (it just comes naturally) lol. But that’s what she said atleast..weird but acceptable. J well I was soo sad to leave cedar falls but I already LOVE iowa city!!! Its awesome. We’re living with president and sister gelder right now and they are awesome!!

So, if you’ve been reading my emails you’ve might have realized how much I hate tracting but you might not have because im good at hiding it. Lol. But tracting with sister shields is a totally different experience. She loves it and is so good at making situations not awkward. So Saturday we were trying to see some people that we are teaching but noone was home. So we sat in the car and said a prayer whether we should keep trying to see those people of if we should tract the street I chose the night before. We both felt like we should tract that street. So we went and after tracting most of the street I knocked of this one door and met this guy named nick. Started talking to him and asked him if he had ever heard of the book of mormon…and he said yeah I actually have one. He said that last Saturday he was walkin down the street at 6 in the morning and these two guys gave him one. And im pretty sure it was elder hall and elder wray that gave it to him. He said he read alittle bit of what they asked him to and liked it. He let us in his house his house smelt like a lot of “mary jane” ;) . He’s 23 and has already had a lot of crap go on in his life that he told us about,he doesn’t really know anything about god or jesus Christ other that the names. We taught him about the restoration and talked about a lot of other stuff. We read helaman 5:12 with him and I asked him what he thought of it and he said that that gave him hope for himself and made him think that he shouldn’t do what he was planning on doing that night. The spirit was soo strong while we were talking to him and he said “I NEED to read this book”. and he said that if he found out for himself that the book of mormon is true that he will be baptized!!! It was amazing!!!!! First time ive ever met this guy and I love him. I cant wait for him to learn more. He has sooooo much potential.

I don’t have much more time but I LOVE this church with all my heart. I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that it is true. I don’t care what anyone says, no matter how how doors I get slammed in my face…the book of mormon is true, joseph smith was and is a prophet that made it possible for us to have it. Jesus Christ lives and is the savior and through Chrsit and being a member of the church of jesus Christ of latter day saints is the only way we can return to live with heavenly father and be happy. Because of Christ we can be with our families forever, even after death. And that is one of the most amazing things ever!!!! Heavenly father wants to bless us and is just waiting for us to ask and do our best to follow him.
I love you all so much and I hope you have an awesome week!!! Till next time!!!

Forever and always,
Your favorite
Sister C

No comments:

Post a Comment